The beard is not just a male characteristic but an ornament that needs to be nurtured to be beautiful, thick, and firm. Whether you wear it short, long, neat, or messy, beard oil can help keep it healthy like hair.
While it may seem enough to wash it off with water when you wash or with shampoo in the shower., Beard care involves the use of unique products designed just for her. You should invest in beard oil, which acts as a conditioner and nourishes the facial skin.
If you are wondering why to spend your time on beard oil and when to use it, here are some reasons to encourage you to use it.
When Should You Use It?
The best time to apply beard oil is just out of the shower. Your beard will be cleaner, and your skin pores will be more open. Lightly dry your beard with a towel before applying the oil, but leave it slightly damp. It is not recommended to use the oil on the too wet beard.
How Often to Use Beard Oil?
How often to use beard oil is a bit like how much to use it depends on many factors. And above all, not all oils are the same. Most bearded gentlemen use the oil every day. Some things to consider:
Those who live in humid environments and have a short beard can use the oil every couple of days;
On the other hand, if you live in a very dry climate, you need to apply the oil even more than once a day.
How often you apply the oil again depends on how you prefer it. There is, of course, nothing wrong with applying it every day. Indeed, many experts encourage daily use to have the healthiest and most attractive beard possible.
One last thing, you can apply it to both your hair and neck (and anywhere on your skin). One of the main benefits of the oil is that it helps to have healthy skin.
It Gives The Beard An Attractive Scent
Beard oils usually smell cedar or sandalwood, so you do not even need perfume with them, and you can use them instead of cologne. They are more natural, more comfortable, and much healthier for your beard and skin. If you make the beard oil at home, you can put whatever scent suits you, which is another advantage.
Does The Oil Encourage Faster Beard Growth?
Although it has not yet been scientifically proven whether a beard grows faster when nurtured with oil, some essential oils that can be found in beard oils promote hair and hair growth. These are ylang-ylang, bay leaf oil, and other oils rich in antioxidants.
How to Use Beard Oil?
A beard care routine doesn't have to be a hassle but a pleasure. To get the best out of beard oil, it's important to follow a few steps. It is best to use it immediately after showering when the pores and hair follicles are still open to absorb the oil and beneficial ingredients better.
As for beard washing, do not use shampoos and shower gels as they are intended for hair and therefore have a different composition and can be too drying for the beard. Instead, wash it with beard shampoo; two to three times a week is enough.
- After you come out of the shower, lightly pat your beard with a towel to keep it slightly moist.
- Put a little beard oil on your palms, rub them to cover the fingers with oil.
- Run your fingers gently through your beard, focusing first on the hair root and then on the tips
- Apply oil to the beard as evenly as you can to cover the entire surface - the middle, both sides of the beard, and below it
- If you have a mustache, also lubricate them with oil.
How Much Oil To Apply To The Beard?
The amount of oil depends on the length and thickness of your beard. So, if you have been letting go of your beard for a month, you will need 3 to 4 drops of oil, a beard of 1-3 months requires 4-6 drops, and a longer one of 6 drops onwards. Remember, the "less is more" is valid in most cases, so do not overdo it with the amount to not too greasy clothes and bedding.
Choose to Use Comb
Combing the beard has many advantages - it prevents ingrown hairs, straightens the hair so that the beard looks fuller and keeps them in place, and directs their growth so that they do not enter your mouth. If you do not already have a quality beard comb, we recommend that you get a wooden one with wide teeth, with which you will comb and arrange it the fastest and best.
The comb will also make it easier to spread the beard oil on your beard, even where you haven't accidentally applied it.
Benefits Of Beard Oil
- It replaces natural sebum that is not produced in abundance to help your beard.
- Adding beard oil is essential for the health of your beard.
- Beard oil is useful for eliminating itching encountered in case of beard growth.
- When the skin becomes dry due to a lack of sebum in leather, it may flake off. In such cases, beard oils renew and protect the skin on your skin.
- When using beard oil, it acts as a conditioner. Just like using conditioner after shampooing, it softens hair and gives silk a silky look. Beard oil works the same way.
- Some men's skin is prone to acne, resulting in mild acne due to their beard. Regardless of the cause of acne, your beard oil has the potential to get rid of and prevent acne.
- With essential oils like tea tree oil or musk sage, your skin will be disinfected and cleaner than before your beard.
- The oils in beard oil can have fragrances that will keep your beard smelling fresh and clean.
- Mint, bergamot, orange, lavender. These oils and others have a powerful aroma that can work wonders for your beard scent.
- Even unscented beard oils will leave your beard fresh and fragrant.